Thursday, November 29, 2012

SOAP BOX TIME!!!



REALLY????  
I am going to have to put on my angry eyes for this one. I am so glad I packed them today.
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???

I was off work for 40 days.  I have yet to be paid from my short term disability.  Their name is HARTFORD (YES I AM GOING TO BLAST YOU).  Always thinking ahead" is the service mark of the company that calls itself The Hartford.  Many of the policyholders we've heard from would go along with that -- but I am going to argue that what Hartford's always thinking about is how to use those big antlers to gouge me in their hour of need.

I pay for short term disability for emergencies like this.  Granted, I have only had to use it before to have babies. This is the first time I have been sick enough to use it.  You would think that they were a government run agency with all of the red tape one has to go through to get any money out of them.  They have been getting rich of me for far too long.  I am one of those people on the insurance that pays for everyone else's insurance because I rarely use it.  The first three weeks of my leave of absence I was too sick to deal with them.  So this is my fault and the reason why they terminated my claim.  They are not thinking ahead, even though I called them every week after that and faxed information every doctors visit to update then on progress, etc.  My case is still terminated and they have never paid me.  This is the kicker....ready?  They said my case was closed because the doctors information was not on their forms!!!!!  WOW!!!!  So I spent a day making sure my doctor filled out the right forms, and faxed them in.  That was last week.  I called last Wednesday and the person on the phone told me that they had everything they needed and it would take five days.....It has now been seven.  My case is still closed and when I call.....every day like I have been for four weeks now they say they will work on it today.  IHC DO YOU HEAR ME?????  Go with another company !!!  This company obviously does not care about extraordinary service.  Being a single mother of 8 kids,  THIS IS ABSURD and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!! 

I will now step off my soap box.  Angry eyes still intact, but my blood pressure is a little better now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment