Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November! The month of gratitude!

My daughter had surgery today.  While she was in surgery I had time to sit and think (which sometimes is not a good thing for me).  MOM if you are reading this, I had my foot up.  Anyway, here are my questions that I have asked friends on Facebook, and also the passer's by.  (just a little insight, I love talking to random people, if you have seen me on Facebook, you know what I do no elevators). 

WHY is it that the pharmacy is located at the back of the store?  Why are cigarettes sold right in the front?  The answers I recieved ranged from the pharmacy is in the back to make it harder for people to rob the them of their Oxy-Cotton (thanks Jill), to the pharmacy was not part of the stores design in the beginning and had to add it to the back.  After conversing with my mother, we came to the conclusion that it is a marketing for the store.  You have to go through at least three rows of merchandise before the pharmacy and you will definatly buy something that you did not go for.  The answer for cigarettes in the front of the store? Lung capacity. Smokers simply cannot walk to the back of the store, they would become short of breath (thanks Cathy).  I think it is because cigarettes cost so much that people are scrounging pennies just to afford a pack and they only have one thing on their mind and that is to buy a box of cigarettes. 

Today I am thankful that I am well enough to take care of my 12 year old daughter who had surgery to repair knock knees.  I have learned that I need to take care of myself better. I am the only mother these kids have, I do not ever want to jeporadize that.  I love them too much. 

As for talking to random people on the street.  I found out today that it is better to be waved to with all fingers instead of just one. 

I am grateful to this blog for helping me think out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment