Friday, November 23, 2012

Keeping it real!

No for real!!! not for fake. 

Five years ago, after my husband left me and my kids I started seeing who my real friends are.  For over 20 years I surrounded myself with people who I thought were my friends and became blind sided when it all really hit the fan.  I was very sad about the people whom I had put my full trust in. They hurt me, (and my kids) bad.  I am sure we have all had people like this. The kind of friends who do not love us, they only know us when they need us.  The kind of friend who leave when you start crying.  Well I want to keep it real with you.  Be careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you.

My mama bear came out and I grabbed my children and we rallied around each other so we could unite in our family unit.  There is no one I trust more than my own children and my mother.  They were truly the ones who were there when the pain was the hardest.  They are the ones who were there when there was pain, not inflicting the pain. 

For the last five years I have been busy with surrounding myself with true, good, people.  Not poisonous people.  I think that is the reason I was able to heal so quickly (it did not seem like it at the time but I surprised doctors and nurses with how fast I healed).  The friends I have now I would truly die for.  I am so blessed to have them in my life. They are honest and kind.  There are some I talk to every day and some only monthly.  I also have some friends that I do not talk to but I know they are with my in heart and spirit.  I try to live each day to keep their friendship and hope that I can repay all the kindness that helped me  and my kids through my illness. 

Focus on who still stands beside you at the end of it all, not on the ones that walked off and still expect to receive your all.

and that....my dear friends...is keepin it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment