Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Every Day is Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for so many things but I am not thankful just one day a year. I have a blessing notebook and every night before I go to bed I write down at least five things that I am blessed/thankful for.

6/1/07: Thankful to the stranger who came into my hospital room and gave me the most tremendous blessing.  I know this baby will be okay and I know I will recover from this tumor on my back.

7/7/07: Thankful for radiation to get rid of my tumor.

11/1/10: Thankful for a job with insurance. 

10/11/12: Thankful for the very air I breath and that I have the opportunity to get better from this tremendous illness. 

These are just a few of my entries. 

Today I am thankful for my family.  My children (even though they are in the other room playing pull my finger). My mom and dad, and my brothers and sisters.  I am also thankful for the people who are not blood family but who have been with me every step of the way.  I call them sisters.  I have had sisters check on me every day to make sure I and my children are okay.  I have had sisters bring me and my kids food.  I have had sisters who make me beautiful lanyards that sparkle and make me feel so good when I wear them.  I have had sisters who warm my home.  I have had sisters who take care of my kids when I cannot.  I have had sisters to laugh with, sisters to cry with.  Sisters that go to the temple with me.  Sisters that check on me every single day.

Every day is a day of thanksgiving.  The thing is...I do not want to miss one single blessing.  Because if we know our own blessings, we can turn those blessings into gestures of kindness.  Even the simplest act of kindness can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. 

THIS IS WHAT IS AT THE TOP OF MY LIST EVERY DAY:

 My kids, grandkids

My sons!

 My oldest daughter and her beautiful family. Love my grandkids.

 My daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment