Tuesday, November 13, 2012

update on foot and leg

Two weeks after pictures were posted, I have update on my foot and leg.  I must say, daily debriding (done by me) and weekly scalpel cutting (from the doctor) has paid off. I fresh baby skin growing that is very tender.  I feel like the princess and the pea, it hurts if I step wrong on dust.  You will see in the pictures that I am still having problems with swelling.  The doctor will not let me go back to work until the swelling gets under control.  Swelling cracks the skin and I cannot have any cracks in my skin.

  This is where the blister was on my leg. Four layers of skin has been taken off this and it looks as good as new.  This feels more like a burn.  I am hoping that it does not scare too bad but at this point, I am just glad I do not have a hole in my leg.  Protein really regrows skin.  I have been amazed at the progress. 
My TOES!!!! I am so happy with the way they have healed.  The redness you see is new skin.  It is very tender and if they swell up it gets very painful.  Hence the reason why I still have a hard time walking.  PAIN!!!  LOL. 
 
  Don't mind the toenail clippers (my way of debriding, don't tell the doctor).  The skin on the bottom of my foot has been very tender.  A crease in my sock or dust on the floor causes pain.  The redness on the side of my foot was actually dead tissue that we had to scrap off and regrow.   Again, the swelling is not too good but it is better than last week. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment