Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend. - By Adrianne S



I have these type of friends.  This Christmas I am forever grateful to wonderful friends who saw the need of my family and just DID IT!  They are the type of friends who observe, THEN SERVE!  They did not have to ask me, what can I do for you?  They just DID IT!  My heart is humbled and warm (is this how the Grinch felt?) as I engage this holiday season.  The last couple of months have been the hardest I have had in about two years.  I have survived being a single mother of 8 kids, and grandmother of two adorable grand kids only because I have tremendous support from friends like the few handful I choose to keep very close to me.  I also have an extraordinary family whom I am thankful for each day.  This Christmas time I have felt the true love of Christ through the work of his angels here on earth.  In the future when my kids are grown, we will talk about how Santa is real.  Santa is alive in all of us! I cannot wait to pay it forward!

Merry Christmas my Friends!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment