Thursday, May 2, 2013

The joy of understanding men....

Do we ever know what men are really thinking?  I gave up caring, I am having a hard enough time understanding my own thinking to usually worry about this but I was talking with a fellow doctor today (for almost two hours) on this subject and I have been intrigued ( I will not mention his name due to the fact that he told me if I did he would fire me, but he has a full head of hair and he is a guy, that is enough for me).  I am writing it here before I forget what I have learned and hopefully to help someone who really does care to try to understand men.  Women, if you are married this will be a good conversation starter and the other half of women are not married, this will be a good conversation starter.  LOL. 

The doctor who should not be named said the first thing about understanding men, is to quit trying to understand them.  He said women are over sensitive sometimes and men are not.  Men....usually are not thinking to hard about anything at all. 

EXAMPLES: 
When men say, "I love you" and it starts to sound like a robot.  It does not mean that they do not love you.  It just means you love a robot!  hahahahah JK.  If you do happen to get a man who puts emphasise on the words "I love you", then hold him close, and never let him go. 

Men are happy to go shopping but do not expect them to get anything other than what is on the list.  If there is a sale on fingernail polish (my favorite thing) he will not get it for you unless it is on the list.  Too much thinking is involved in this process.  It just wont happen. 

Men like being told that they look good on the way out the door before a dinner party just as much as any woman does—even if they are t-shirt and flip flops.  Men also will need to be told if they smell bad and that they should go do something about it because as our doctor who cannot be mentioned said, "knowing we smell bad doesn't necessarily trigger a need in us not to smell bad." So just tell us to go take a shower and then hide the outfit and say we must've lost it. We'll believe you.
 
The only time you will see a man walking fast is if he notices that another man walks by him very fast.  The doctor who said he cannot be named states that this happens to him frequently in the airport.  He does not know why he does it, he even left his wife behind with all the luggage so he could win a guy that was going to a different gate.  Primal instinct?  He does not know.  He asks that we (as women) just let it go!!!

Take any random afternoon. Men are glaring. Men are frowning. Men have been silent for two hours. It does not mean they have stopped loving you. They are just driving the car or wondering why someone we report to hates us or missing Ziggy Marley in concert, or wondering what I ate for breakfast that morning.  Iit's not about is (women). They love us. And they will not tell us why they are so unhappy-looking just now because they are embarrassed about it, and now that you've asked twice, the truth is they can't remember, and they are not going to admit that, either.  
 
I know some of you women want me to ask this, what is men's secret turn on?    Well I DID NOT ASK THAT!  Get a grip people, I work with this guy!  Ask you own men that question. 
 
Men truly think that being silent helps, this is why....
"Because if we're not talking, we can't say something critical or annoying. We will never understand that being silent can seem critical or annoying. Because we are not talking!"    hhahahahaha I thought that was sooo funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment